What is it about martinis that just make you feel elegant? Your lunch might have been a collection of cheetos and fries you found on the floor of you car, but if you wash it down with a martini you feel like the epitome of chic.
This cinnamon apple cider martini is the idea drink for the holiday season, a time when I personally want to feel like a glamorous angel. It's the perfect compliment to some glittery eyeshadow and six-inch heels. 'Tis the season for festive booze.
Ingredients (makes two cinnacider martinis):
- 4 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Cinnamon apple cider syrup (directions below)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 and 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup apple cider
- 1/4 and 1/8 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- First, make your simple syrup. Combine one cup of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and the apple cider into a sauce pot. Bring it to a boil then reduce the head and let it simmer for five minutes. The pot from heat and let it cool.
- While your syrup is cooling, you can make sure your glasses are looking beyond festive. Combine 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon, the zest of half your lemon, a pinch of cayenne pepper and a small pinch of salt in a bowl and then spread the mixture out on a small plate.
- Aggressively rub a lemon wedge on the rim of each glass. Dip the rim of each glass into your sugar mixture then set them up right. Could you just diiiiiie over how festive this is?!
- Once your syrup has cooled, fill a cocktail shaker with ice, vodka and your syrup. Then go a head and shake what your mama gave ya. Shake it, girl!
- Give it a taste to make sure it's not accidentally poisoned.
- Pour the cocktail into each glass and give it some garnish.