Sure, anyone can lug a tub of "spring greens mix" and a bottle of ranch dressing on the table. But you're not anyone, are you? Step up your salad game without breaking a sweat with this honey crisp salad recipe.
Ingredients (makes a salad with about 4-6 servings):
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple cider
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium honey crisp apples
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salad greens (whatever type you fancy)
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves (you can toast them by putting them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes)
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese (optional - I opted to not put it in since I find it completely disgusting)
- Plastic bag
- Mason jar with lid OR a bowl with a whisk
- Cut the apples into thin slices and put them in a plastic bag. Squeeze the half of fresh lemon juice all over them. Close the bag and shake it so the apples are completely coated. Set them to the side until you're ready to put the salad together.
- In a mason jar or bowl add the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, apple cider, honey, lemon juice and salt to make your vinaigrette. Either add the lid to the mason jar and shake or whisk all of the ingredients together in your bowl. Side note: Is there anything more annoying than measuring out honey?
- Put the salad greens into a bowl. Layer the apple slices on top and and sprinkle with the cranberries and pecans. You can also add the blue cheese but I prefer that on the side since that's a pretty polarizing cheese.
- Just before serving, drizzle the salad with your vinaigrette and crush some fresh ground pepper on top.