True story: this dessert was born out of a craving during my period. I wanted something minty, I wanted ice cream, I wanted chocolate. And I wanted it smooshed all together. And with that, the peppermint parfait was born.
Ingredients (makes as many parfaits as your heart desires):
- Ice cream of your choice (I was yearning for vanilla bean)
- Chocolate fudge brownies cut into little chunks (store-bought is more than okay)
- Peppermint sticks
- Whipped cream
- Use a mallet or hammer to break up the peppermint sticks into little pieces. It's probably best to put them in a plastic bag first...a lesson I learned after.
- Layer ice cream, brownie chunks, peppermint and repeat.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with a peppermint stick.